The Nesa Enterprise Development Fund offers impact investment exposure in SMMEs and promotes job creation in South Africa.
SMME FINANCIAL SUPPORT & JOB CREATION
Our team of financial professionals partner with SMME business owners and provide financial solutions in a sustainable and mutually beneficial manner to ensure that our SMMEs are able to grow, thrive and eventually enter the mainstream economy.
Through its Enterprise Development Fund, Nesa Capital provides working, growth and expansionary capital to small, medium enterprises (SMMEs) with the propensity to create sustainable jobs in South Africa. Capital is invested into SMMEs as unlisted debt on condition that they meet the Fund’s required minimum permanent job creation requirements and become sufficiently empowered in terms of BBBEE legislation.
Nesa Enterprise Development Fund SMME growth fund
An imbalance between rich and poor is the oldest and most fatal ailment of all republics.
Plutarch, Greek historian, first century AD
SMME FINANCE APPLICATION
The Nesa Enterprise Development Fund considers applications for finance from SMMEs.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they meet the fund’s pre-qualifying criteria before being considered for funding support:
- SMME must be at least 51% owned by black people as defined by the BBBEE Codes of Good Practice
- Annual turnover must be less than R50million
- SMME is primarily resident in South Africa
- Minimum 24 months of operation with existing cash flow generation from operations
- SMME must demonstrate the creation of at least one permanent job per R500 000 of capital advanced
- SMME must be in possession of:
- 2 years of audited annual financial statements by a member of SAICA
- A valid tax clearance certificate
- A valid BBBEE certificate or affidavit
- A business plan demonstrating capital from the fund will be used to expand existing operations.
SMME’s seeking growth finance should complete an application form and submit the completed form along with all supporting documents to your nearest Nesa Capital office or via email.